I usually use frozen mixed berries for smoothies but decided to throw it in hot oatmeal to see how it tastes. BEST decision.
The berries added a nice pop of color to the plain, old fashioned oats and increased the flavor profile by 200%. If you’re a tart lover, this oatmeal is for you. Also added chia seeds and peanut butter for protein, fiber, and heart-healthy fats.
It’s going to be a very good morning!
Very Berry Oatmeal
- measuring spoons
- measuring cups
- liquid measuring cup
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats dry
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 Tbsp natural peanut butter unsalted
- In a small saucepan, bring one cup of water to a boil.
- Stir in oats and chia seeds. Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of frozen mixed berries and stir.
- Increase heat to medium cook for 2 minutes, or until berries are warm.
- Stir in 1 Tbsp of peanut butter until evenly distributed in the oatmeal.
- Serve and enjoy!