This meal is an absolute dream with the smoky and slightly spicy sweet potato hash, caramelized onions, crunchy red bell peppers, soft egg yolks, and tender kale. You can cook all of the ingredients together in one skillet saving you from a few extra dishes to clean.
This meal is also a good source of fiber, potassium, and monounsaturated fats. So…what’s not to love??
One-Skillet Sweet Potato Hash, Kale, and Eggs
- cutting board
- measuring spoons
- measuring cups
- 1 medium sweet potato cubed
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp avocado oil divided into 1 Tbsp and 1/2 Tbsp portions
- 1/4 tsp salt divided into 1/8 portions
- 1/4 tsp black pepper divided into 1/8 portions
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups of kale
- Heat skillet to medium.
- Once the skillet is hot, add 1 Tbsp avocado oil.
- Add onions and cook for a half minute.
- Add garlic and cook for another half minute.
- Add bell peppers and cook for 1 minute.
- Add sweet potatoes and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle the hash with 1/8 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp black pepper, paprika, and red pepper flakes. Stir until evenly coated. Cook for 10 more minutes, or until the sweet potatoes have softened.
- Push the hash over to the left side of the skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Create two round indents in the hash. Crack one egg into each indent.
- While the eggs are cooking, add 1/2 Tbsp avocado oil on the right side of the skillet.
- Add the kale to the oil and sprinkle with 1/8 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Stir until evenly seasoned.
- Let the eggs and kale cook for about 8 minutes, or until the egg whites have coagulated and the kale has softened.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Turn off heat, serve, and enjoy!