I don’t usually eat quinoa but, when I do, it has to be fluffy and flavorful! I cooked it with chicken broth in the Instant Pot, then tossed the cooked quinoa in lemon juice and fresh, chopped parsley.
Result: fluffy and flavorful, exactly what I wanted! This side dish pairs well with many different proteins and vegetables.
The amount of sodium in this recipe will depend on the broth you choose. Trader Joe’s Low-Sodium Chicken Broth is my go-to with just 75mg of sodium per cup.
Instant Pot Lemon Parsley Quinoa
- Instant Pot
- measuring cups
- liquid measuring cup
- cutting board
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/2 lemon
- Cooking spray
- Put the quinoa in a mesh strainer and clean it under cold, running water. Place strainer over a bowl for water to drain. Set aside.
- Spray the bottom half of the inner cooking pot of the Instant Pot with cooking spray.
- Add the wet quinoa to the Instant Pot along with the chicken broth.
- If the low-sodium chicken broth is less than 100 mg of sodium per cup, add a dash of salt.
- Set the Instant Pot to 1 minute on Manual. It will build pressure before the 1 minute timer begins.
- After the 1 minute is complete, allow for natural pressure release for 10 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, chop the parsley and juice 1/2 of a lemon. Set aside.
- After the 10 minutes, release the remaining pressure. When the pin drops, twist open the lid and use a rice paddle to move all the quinoa into a bowl.
- Toss the parsley and lemon juice into the quinoa until evenly mixed.
- Serve and enjoy!