If you have an Instant Pot, this is a foolproof recipe to go from rinsed, dried beans to perfectly cooked beans in less than an hour and a half. No pre-soaking, quick soaking, or constant monitoring over the stovetop.
All you have to do is quickly saute your onion and garlic aromatics in the inner pot, then add the beans and water. After it’s cooked, season with salt and pepper and you have yourself a bowl of delicious beans.
Beans are highly nutritious! Full of minerals, potassium, fiber, and protein, they are part of a heart-healthy diet. They’re also ideal as a meat replacer thanks to its protein content and chewy texture, and it’s also naturally cholesterol-free.
Use this recipe for any type of bean you have, enjoy!
Instant Pot Beans
- Instant Pot
- cutting board
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- liquid measuring cup
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion (about 4 oz) diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup dried beans rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Set the Instant Pot to Saute mode.
- When the display reads, “HOT,” add the avocado oil and tilt the Instant Pot around until the oil covers the bottom of the inner pot.
- Add the onions and cook for 1 minute.
- Add minced garlic. Stir and cook for another minute.
- Add the dried beans and water.
- Stir all the ingredients together in the inner pot.
- Push “Cancel” on the Instant Pot to turn off the Saute mode. Twist the lid on and seal the pressure valve.
- Select the “Bean” button and set the time for 55 minutes.
- It will take about 15 minutes for the Instant Pot to build pressure before the clock starts counting down from 55 minutes.
- After the countdown is over, the Instant Pot will beep. Immediately release the rest of the pressure.
- Once the pin drops, twist off the lid.
- Add salt and pepper. Stir everything together.
- Serve and enjoy!