I LOVE this recipe, because it has only two ingredients: grapes and heart-healthy chia seeds. With no added sugars or preservatives, the grape chia seed jam is significantly less in sugar and sodium compared to popular store-bought grape jam. Best of all, it’s sooo good and insanely easy to make!
You will need 2 cups of seedless or deseeded grapes and 2 tablespoons of chia seeds.
Get a blender.
Add the grapes first, followed by the chia seeds.
Blend at low setting, then slowly increase to medium speed. Once blended, it will look something like this:
Pour the mixture into a pot and heat over medium-high heat.
Once the mixture starts boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. It will thicken quite a bit and will smell nice and grape-y!
Let it cool, then store in airtight containers.
The recipe makes about 11 tablespoons of jam and is good in the fridge for one week.
Grape Chia Seed Jam
- 2 cups seedless or deseeded grapes halved
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- In a blender, add the grapes first followed by the chia seeds.
- Blend at low setting, then slowly increase to medium until the grapes and chia seeds reach a jam consistency.
- Pour mixture into a small pot.
- Heat the pot to medium-high heat.
- Once jam starts to boil (takes about 5 minute), reduce heat to low for 10 minutes or until it thickens.
- Let cool, then place in an airtight container (like a mason jar) and refrigerate up to one week.