So many delicious flavor combinations for oatmeal, and blueberries, walnuts, and honey happen to be one of them.
Lucky for us, it’s also heart-healthy. If you peek at the nutrition information below, there’s a good amount of fiber, potassium, and omega-3 fatty acids (polyunsaturated fats) while staying considerably low in sodium and saturated fats.
What a great way to start the day!
Since blueberries and walnuts aren’t particularly strong in the flavor category, I added a bit of honey for some sweetness. You can also make this with frozen blueberries.
Blueberry Walnut Chia Oatmeal
- measuring spoons
- measuring cups
- liquid measuring cup
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats dry
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- ½ ounce walnuts about a handful
- 1 tsp honey
- Boil water in a small saucepan.
- Once water is boiling, stir in oats and chia seeds.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in blueberries and cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until oats reach your desired consistency.
- Pour the blueberry chia oats into a bowl. Top with walnuts and honey.
- Serve and enjoy!